First week of part time, relaxing into new method of research/practise.
Still sorting myself out- can't be too hard on self for not meeting goals.
Good progress on further drawings and sculpting, these still feel a little too stiff and restricted however.
Gut reaction on anthropomorphised characters is good: they have most potential.
- Non linear books: the work of Franz Masereel
- Research position identified: "In and Through"
- where to take this? (contact Neil and Phil)
- Chase up journals (contact Frederick)
- At what point did I stop wanting to be a master of storytelling?
- I never did, I just lost my way. this is the path there.
Aims And Objectives from last week:
- Assess research position
- Refine and advance narrative
- Kick-start academic reading again.
- At least 2 Sculptures
- Designs for narrator character
- Reorganise notes/reflective journal and written element of project.
Mostly; narrative progression has come mostly from working on practise. further designs for narrator will require that I first conceptualise the environment he is from: the setting and the generic characters.
Aims And Objectives for week beginning 5/12/11
- Organise and reflect more.
- Explore potential voice/tone of
- Generate a lot of character designs
- explore colour/media
- Weekly planner and daily goals
- 10 sheets of character/concept design
- 2 more sculptures.
- New reflective format: pictures of process, notebook.