His Research Project
- Ruins, Rust and Rubbish: the aesthetics of waste
- Capriccio- imagined ruins (Caneleto)
- Deckers, The way of All Flesh "too new to be old, too old to be new"
- Birmingham nostalgia (right word?) Kieth Berry, Phyllis Nicklin
- patina: a completely different substance coming from the existence of the original product
- "brassing" on old camera bodies
- rammel: east midlands term for other peoples' rubbish
- Wabi-Sabi: the celebration of culture >to> nature
- not symbolic or representational
- lack of pretense
- beware of commercialised Wabi sabi
- Considerations of these aesthetics could be key to landscaping and developing the world of my story.
Presentation (how not to fail)
- Introduce self
- Introduce what the presentation will cover
- Initial interest/inspiration
The Plan (what will you do?)
- Preparation Phase
- Major Project
- Negotiated written Study
- 15 minutes: Time it. Plan it.
- Clean. No fancy business.
- no going off half cocked
- know your material
- few notes (none even better)
Review of work (part time)
- More colour
- consider soft sculpture (what if they had skin of a fabric reflecting their profession?)
- bigger scale!
- symbolism of clothing: character entirely conveyed by costume?
Doing well :)