A lot to consider this week.
Considering next week a fresh start on the course, but learning from what I have done/thought/made/listened to so far.
Develop, adapt and progress from here.
- Does Darren's research negate the validity of my own? Am I reinventing the wheel? Where are the gaps in his research I could mine? (perhaps my narrative focus as opposed to critical assessment is key here)
- Focus on pure character design: a fully realized world of designer toys?
- Consider characters as a visual language in and of themselves (Pictoplasma)
- What method is best for presentation of contextual review? maybe booklets? simple, university paperwork regulation "official" text documents? (perhaps drawn over/around/attached notes)
- Consider Guillermo Del Toro's use of colour (theme, emotion, ties to characters)
Assess research position
Refine and advance narrative
Kick-start academic reading again.
At least 2 Sculptures
Designs for narrator character
Reorganise notes/reflective journal and written element of project.